Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good baby



We visited Nonni (my mom) at lunch time and said hello to old work friends (as I used to work for the health department doing the same thing my mom does). Then we went to my staff meeting at work. He never squawks about anything much and spent a good deal of time at the meeting cooing and babbling to no one in particular. I am so fortunate to have a boss who is OK with me bringing him along and lucky to have an easy going baby as well.

I also weighed him today officially (like I undressed him and used the baby scale at work) and he only weighs 13 # 10 oz. That is up only 7 ounces from his 2 month visit which was 3 weeks ago. Given that the minimum gain per day is about 1/2 an ounce -- he should weigh a bit more. But I am not sure for how long that 1/2 to 2 ounces per day weight gain guideline applies.

It is hard to gain weight when you vomit a lot of your feedings and then you also use up a lot of energy kicking your legs around all day long. Today is MUCH better in terms of vomiting though and I have been avoiding dairy (except for a bit of cheese here and there) since the Dairy Queen cone.

This picture id supposed to be of him smiling, but of course as soon as I got the camera out he just stared at me. Oh well. I took it last week I think.

1 comment:

The Mulleneaux Family said...

Glad he is doing better. Isn't that always the way, you get the camera out and they stop doing whatever, lol. My favorite is I miss it by a second while the camera takes a minute to take the pic! Sounds like things are going well!!! Have a great day!