Saturday, January 12, 2008

Weight loss

I am trying to get myself geared up to work harder on this weight loss stuff. I am not fortunate enough to be one of those women who just effortlessly drops the pregnancy weight after delivery (we hate those women!)

I have considered WW, which I did about 2 years ago and successfully lost 30 pounds. I am just not really up for adding another weekly meeting to attend right now on top of work and work related meetings and such. I am not sure if the online stuff will be enough. I am gradually being more careful about what I eat but it is hard because DH buys stuff that tempts me and I give in at times. My biggest thing lately is to just try and get protein in with every meal or snack... seems like that helps. I have shed 3 pounds in the last couple of weeks.

That puts me at 32 pounds lost since I delivered 2.5 months ago -- which sound impressive except for the fact that I gained just over 60 pounds this pregnancy!

I also worry because with the twins I dropped it like this but then I started putting it back on gradually over the months and by the time they were 2 years old I think I was at one of my heaviest non-pregnant weights ever. Ugh.

Anyway... any comments about great dieting plans (that I can stick to and live with -- not just fad diets) are appreciated.

Until later!

1 comment:

Tiara said...

Congrats on the 3lbs! I lost my baby weight but my body doesn't show it. My biggest thing is trying to up my water intake and be more active. Def tough with the cold winter weather keeping me indoors and lazy.....Good luck!