Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thanks for the comments...

I am getting all these great comments from readers. The way I have it set up, they come to my e-mail. I'd love to reply to everyone but hitting "reply" doesn't work as these are notification type e-mails from blogger. So I will just say here that I read all the comments and appreciate it all.

So I am trying to decide if I want to officially sign up for weight watchers again or just try one of the freebie online programs like Sparkpeople. I was also looking at the "Biggest Loser" website -- I have taken quite and interest in that show lately. Weird for me as I don't really like reality television. I just like seeing how dramatically they drop their weight -- it is really impressive and the transformations in the final show are really fun to watch.

I am already cutting back on eating high calorie/low nutrient type food. I am trying to only eat when it is nutrient dense and I am actually hungry. But then I find that I am feeling hungry in between meals and don't have a good for me snack to grab that is quick. I spend so much of the day nursing Teagan and such that I just don't want to mess with fixing something other than the meals I already fix (breakfast and lunch... Joe mostly handles dinner).

Teagan is fussy again today. I am still trying to decide if it correlates to what I eat. I guess when I start tracking food for my weight loss (I haven't been tracking yet -- just watching what I put in my mouth!) then I could track his moods also and see if I can figure it out. There is a lot of info out there that suggests dairy, soy, wheat, and some of the other major allergy triggers will affect breastfed babies when their mothers consume them. I know there are also docs who think it is hogwash -- but there seems to be quite a bit of evidence that there is something to it.

I am having trouble dealing with the idea of totally dropping all dairy from my diet even though I suspect that is the culprit. I cheated and had Dairy Queen ice cream yesterday (see, I also cheated on my eating empty calories plan as well) and he has been vomiting part of just about every feeding today and some have been a LOT. Most days he vomits once or twice a day and often not much any more.

Anyway... nothing else new to report around here. Oh, we made our vacation plans for spring break and summer. I am happy to have that all arranged as it was starting to stress me out because we were looking at houses to rent and they were already so booked up! Man, is it January and we are looking at flexible dates in July or August and everything was booked. One place said if we called in May we could book for summer 2009! This is not a tropical island -- we are talking about the Oregon coast... Neskowin to be exact. So we are thinking of trying something new and heading to Bella Beach which is a planned beach community near Lincoln City. The have walking paths and a playground and basketball court and the beach front seems fine -- not as expansive as Neskowin, but nice.

Later!

1 comment:

The Mulleneaux Family said...

I love the Oregon coast and Lincoln City is awesome. Haven't been there in many, many years, lol, but it was beautiful when I went!!! Isn't it crazy how unknown vacation spots fill up? lol. Anyway, hope you are having a great day!!!