Monday, January 7, 2008

One of those GOOD days...

I started out the day so TIRED. It is hard adjusting back to working nights and very hard to get to sleep appropriately after having slept most of the day following a night shift. To make it even more challenging, I had some asthma trouble last night and was coughing and then used my inhaler and then was up feeling jittery. About the time I got to sleep, it was time for the 4am nursing session with my little man. SIGH...

Luckily the twins played nicely together today and after lunch when I told them to go play upstairs so Teagan and I could sleep on the couch, they did! Yea! So I got a decent nap in.

Our neighbor's 6 year old came over again to play after school as she does everyday. I am thinking I should rename the blog "Tales from the Land of Boys (plus Hayden)..." because she really is over here every day. I felt guilty today because I had this annoyed feeling of -- 'man I have 5 kids over here messing up my house while they are left with only their one 10 year old daughter at their house EVERY day... ' She is a darling girl and I even like to think she gives me a chance to have a daughter figure around, but there can be lots of noise and fights and mess making when she is here.

They actually all played nicely today.

Anyway, I turned her away when she returned after dinner for round 2 of play time because I just wasn't up for it (plus why jinx a good day by tempting fate). I felt bad about it too... hmph.

I so wish we could get a bigger house! The housing market is not good right now though. Once again, I really should take pictures and post them but I may be too embarassed if there are actually people out there reading this besides me.

1 comment:

The Mulleneaux Family said...

Don't feel guilty! lol, after having 4 kids and all boys, you have plenty to clean! Don't feel guilty, lol, look at the background in some of my pics! I am forever picking up. Tonight I went to check on the boys after they fell asleep, lol, and well the clean room that was there when they went to bed has magically gotten messy, there are puzzle pieces, trains, etc. on the floor that were not there when they went to bed! lol. So we as Moms do understand!!! Share those photos away!!! Hope you have a good night!